myspace generator

Thursday, March 25, 2010

THE BATTLE OF THE STORAGE UNIT

Well good morning my darlings! How are you this bright sunny day of days? I am actually in a pretty good mood LMAO! I am so proud to announce that I have done it! I have completed my goal of emptying the storage and eliminating that monthly expense! YAY GO ME! I am a month and 6 days ahead of my deadline I set for myself! WOOHOO! I should hold a party LMAO! I defeated the storage unit YAY! LOL! I am super stoked about this even though it looks like an A-bomb went off in my living room LOL! Boxes and bags everywhere… but its ok! I can work on that now at a super human pace without worrying if the bill is paid or if they are going to lock me out of my own belongings! Oh don’t get me wrong, the people who work there have been super nice to me over the years, but not having to pay that chunk of money is even NICER! LOL! I have to go back one last time to sweep out the trash and pick up a couple of BIG items, but then I am done! YAY! Everybody dance a little chair jig now in my honor… LMAO j/k.

Ok, Jean, to answer your question, yes ALL those plants are running rampant at my parents property. And the thing is, I know people pay good money for those plants too, so after consulting with my parents, I have found that I think I am going to include some of these beauties in my plant sale, provided they all take off, which it looks like they are going to! YAY! Mother nature has given me yet ANOTHER gift… the gift of CASH LOL!

I know some of you are wondering how my doctor appt. went, so I will fess up right now LOL. All of my lab work came back naughty, my Blood Pressure is decreasing but she is not happy still, so I am permanently on yet ANOTHER medication daily for that, I have to have more labwork done in 2 months, and she griped about my diet and weight. Ya know, all the normal stuff LMAO. HOWEVER… there IS one bit of good news! Since my last visit 2 weeks ago, I have lost 7 pounds! YAY! Another GO ME moment LOL! She WAS happy about that… of course most of it was water weight but still… that’s a lot of water! LOL! Just more motivation for me to keep going and doing what I have been.

Ok its time to get crafty! I saw this craft on Thrifty and I just HAD to tell you about it! Its sooooooo cute! I might see about making some with my kids this weekend!



Craft Idea of the Day: Egg Dioramas

These are adorable hanging above a table from a light fixture. They are eggs with tiny scenes inside.

Approximate Time: a couple days, for drying time

Supplies:

Jumbo eggs
Dye
Shellac
Sponge brush for shellac (unless spray-on variety is used)
Moss
Figurines
Faceted and pony beads
Fake flowers
Ribbon
Tiny flowers or pearls
Hot glue gun
Needlenose pliers
Cuticle scissors
Sharp scissors

Instructions:



Using real jumbo eggs, make a hole in the side with cuticle scissors, and drain the egg and let it dry.

Dye them and let dry.

Shellac, and let dry.

Place moss inside, and a cute figurine.



Decorate the edges of the hole with faceted beads or a pearl string and add poms and pony beads to the top and bottom.

Add flowers bows and a hanger.

By Lily from Elkhart, IN

Aren’t those the cutest things?! OK, so now I want to eat… all this super mega hard work the last few days has made me monstrously hungry!!! And sorry doc, but I want me some REAL food… and LOTS of it LOL! I mean some meat, potatoes, veggies, breads, and lots of OH-SO-NOT-GOOD-FOR-ME Yumminess! LMAO!



Barbecued Pot Roast

Ingredients

1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 pound boneless beef chuck shoulder steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
1 tablespoon canola oil
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1 medium onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons ketchup
4 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard

Directions

Combine salt and pepper; rub over steak. In a Dutch oven, brown steak in oil on both sides. Add the water, tomato sauce, onion and garlic. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the meat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.

And then I thought that this cake made into individual portions would be a cute party treat for a future party… maybe a garden or outdoor theme… check it out!



Dirt Cake

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling

Directions

Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.

Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.

In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.

Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.

Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.

Chill until ready to serve.

Add artificial flower and trowel. Enjoy!

Alright kids, let me get off here for now and go finish the last step in this battle of the storage unit so I can rest easy and pack leisurely LOL! I will meet you back here tomorrow for another great day full of excitement LOL! HUGS!

1 comment:

  1. Great news about the storage cleanup. Another step toward financial freedom! LOL Spring cleaning always feels good. And this is the time to do it so you wont have that chore hanging over your head.
    Watch out for all that yumminess! It will sneak up on you when you get older and you wont feel so yummy then. Yes, I know. I'm nagging. LOL

    ReplyDelete