myspace generator

Monday, May 10, 2010

MONDAY MAYHEM

Hi there everybody! How are you doing this early Monday morning? I am good. Had a nice day with my mom yesterday and a relaxing night when I went home. I crashed early and slept most of the night. However, I woke up to a horrible dream this morning that had me in tears. THEN when I check the Yahoo news, I noticed headlines that Lena Horne has died. R.I.P. Mrs. Horne! But what really put me over the top was that this morning I went out to check my garden and its all brown and burnt and gone… I have a few sticks left that have some produce on them, but it looks like I will have to start over. I’m not sure what did it in, but I have my suspicions. I harvested about 20 red cherry tomatoes though and put them in the fridge. It’s a sad day in my gardening history.

Ok, I have a small bone to pick today. A question was asked about why I haven’t done anything with the Fabric Challenge. Well I thought I handled the answer quite diplomatically. I politely expressed how since my mother went into the hospital the challenge was on hold but now that things are somewhat getting a little more stable, that I would start back in on it. And I have… one of the scrubs you will see in a sec completed another bolt being used up! I also received an email that quite frankly, was rude, insensitive, and uncalled for! I left it alone and did not respond. Then my mother posted a follow up which fueled the fire back up! MOM- you do NOT have to apologize for being ill, injured, etc.! Don’t let me catch you doing that again! A silly crate of fabric is of no priority when it comes to my mother and her well being!!! If anyone else has any more ugly emails, keep them to yourself please. There is no need for them! And finally… where are all my readers? The comments and emails have almost stopped. Am I boring you or gone astray somewhere? Let me know so I know what I am doing right or wrong. Interactiveness is what keeps this blog going strong and being fun!

Alright, so now that I have cleared the air, I have some pictures to share with you from the past few days… so lets have some fun and check these out!



Remember those peanuts I got for less than $1 at HEB a little while back? Well we threw them in the broccoli & beef stir-fry on Saturday night and it was absolutely wonderful! We put it over white rice and it was a great meal for little money!



This was the candy bouquet I made my mom. They are silk flowers so they don’t aggravate her allergies, a balloon that shouldn’t lose its air, and Sugar-Free candy so not to spike her sugars. Aren’t I the caring child?? LOL… hold on before you answer that!



A diabetics breakfast! LMAO! Chocolate covered strawberries with a side of insulin! OMG I was cracking up over this picture LMAO! Isn’t that so funny! NOW you see why I said hold that thought? LMAO I also brought the strawberries too! AND made her some Loaded Baked potato soup for lunch LOL!



Remember that soup I told you about yesterday? Well I made another pot of it at mom’s house so that they would have some in the freezer. The pot I made gave me 5 servings… 4 to freeze and one for lunch! YUM! This one pot of soup has over 240% of your daily vegetables! YUM! I also made a huge pot of Loaded Baked Potato soup which yielded 7 LARGE portions too!



Here is my daughter with the dry-erase sign she made me that was posted by my desk when I got home. She drew it just for me. Isn’t she sweet!

I also got to kick back in the nice and cold bedroom and just veg all night! Frank went and got me some of my favorite Chinese food for dinner and I laid in the bed and OMG yum! Wonton soup, chicken Lo Mein, eggrolls, Food Network, and air condition! Who can ask for anything more! LOL.



Now I want to show you some of the scrubs I have been making for my Home Health care I give mom everyday. I try to pick happy cheery colorful prints I know mom will like. Keeping something happy around the patient always seems to lift their spirits and help them heal better. So far I have made Kitties, Planet “Green”, Peace Signs and glittery butterflies (which eliminated one of those bolts in the fabric challenge!). I got a couple of other prints I want to make too. But you have to wait to see those LOL! Then of course, I have all my other scrubs I already had. But these were “in honor” of mom!

Now for those of you out there still crafting your little heart away, here is a recycle project that utilizes those snazzy jeans we may not be able to wear anymore. This is a no-sew project, but you could easily sew the bag for a sturdier purse (my preference). But I thought this would be a good starter craft for maybe some of the viewers children too!



Craft Idea of the Day: Bootie Bag Purse

Denim Jeans purses or booty bag patterns are all the rage right now with literally 100's of patterns on the market.

We decided to bring you this Booty Bag pattern for free!!!

This bag has the option of being a sewing project or a quick no sew bag by using glue. Glue is a great alternative for a quick kids craft thought it may not be as durable.

Low-rise or small jeans make a smaller bag, bigger or high-waist jeans make for a roomier bag.

Lay the jeans flat and cut off the legs.

Cut through the crotch, then straight across for an even edge.

Turn the jeans inside out and glue the bottom closed leaving about 1/2 inch of fabric (or an even edge). Let the glue dry or alternatively sew this section closed.

Turn inside the right way and check bottom for even edge.

Cut the inside seams from both pant legs and make handles from these. Glue or sew them on.

You can also glue or sew in a cheap bandanna as a lining & add embellishments to decorate the outside of the bag.

Velcro or magnetic closures can also be added.

For extra strength you can SEW this bag closed, but then of course it would not be a quick no sew bag for non sewers.

With craft glue this bag is suitable for carrying around lightweight items or as a overnight bag only.

If you see text for this pattern or images being sold online using the titles, of Booty bag, Bootie bag Pattern or Denim Jeans purse or Denim jeans tote. Please let us know as this is a direct infringement of copyright and why should people be scammed into buying it when we have it for FREE!!


Ok its time to talk food! Our trip to CiCi’s Pizza inspired me to think about all the different kinds of pizzas you can make… AT HOME! Save yourself a lot of money on delivery by making your favorites at home. Have a pizza night/party and let people top a basic homemade cheese pizza with all their favorite toppings! Here’s a unique pizza to start you off right! Maybe we should make this week "unique pizza week"? What do you think... is that something you would like to see?



BBQ Chicken Pizza

Ingredients

1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup diced grilled chicken
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).

Place pizza crust on cookie sheet. Spread with barbecue sauce. Scatter chicken over top. Sprinkle evenly with red pepper, green pepper and onion. Cover with cheese.

Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Alright boys and girls, its time for me to bring this lovely writing to a close, get dressed, and head out to mom’s. I’ve had a great time with you today and I suggest we do it again tomorrow! LOL. Peace, Love, and lots of HUGS!

3 comments:

  1. Ok I have a request I have a church pot luck on Thursday I need something that isn't spicy, it's for a seniors ladies group .Quick ,easy and yummy is my motto LOL .
    Your scrubs are great I bet you made your moms day ,coming in with different scrums each time you went to visit .The bouquet turned out great and those strawberries make my mouth water .Have a great day Renee don't let the complainers bother you ,you have a fantastic blog here .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crafts are fun but you have to have your heart in it to make it work. I know because I have been in the position where a craft gets to a certain point and you run out of steam to do anything else on it, but a couple of days go by and you think to yourself, "I think I'm gonna finish that project today". And when you finish you have another treasure for your home. Renee, keep on doing what you're doing and everything will get back to normal and the crafts will start flowing again.
    Pizza night sounds good but I would have to find a way to make it low fat, low carb, low calorie, sugar free, and meatless. Forget that....I think I'll just not think about all that while I bite into a slice of delicious goodness. Til next time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever wrote you that nasty email is probably just the kind of person who can't be "bothered" with an ill or aging parent and would probably just put them in a home. You pay them no mind as you are doing a wonderful thing! I am sorry to hear of your garden. Are you sure nobody ruined it while you were out? And I think pizza week would be awesome! Bring on the pizza! Keep your chin up and don't let them get you down. And to the frugal mom's mom, she is right- you don't need to apologize for anything. Unfortunately people are only happy if they are making others unhappy. You're daughter is wonderful and I am glad you have her. You should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete