myspace generator

Friday, May 21, 2010

SAYING GOODBYE

Good afternoon lords and ladies. How are you doing this blessed day of days? I am well… somewhat somber hearted but good. I am sorry for the late posting, but we had a transformer blow on our street this morning and we were without power. So I spent the morning working on Madison’s room!



We went to the band concert last night and let me tell ya… there were some tears. We got home real late… I think we finally laid down around 12:45-1am… yea I am draggin’ today! Mr. McDonald, the band director at the High School is retiring this year. Our family has known the McDonalds for 17 of his 32 years of teaching. He instructed my brothers and now my daughter. His wife is one of the sweetest things you can imagine! We have the band banquet tomorrow night and I hope to get some great pictures there to share with you! So not only are we saying goodbye to our graduating seniors, but to the band director as well. Saying goodbye is rather hard to do. And the man who is taking the directors place is a guy I went to school with... the class under me actually! Do you know how old I feel??! Anyway, I wish Mr. Mac a Happy Retirement and Mr. Brazelton the best of luck with the new position!

I am not really gonna do a craft today as its kinda late. However I will make sure that there is one tomorrow and that we get back to normal with the postings. SO, now… Here’s the special feature I know you have been waiting for… FOOD! I am using seafood again and once again it’s one of mom’s favorites. I feature this ingredient again because I don’t think it gets enough attention honestly. While I am not too fond of them, I know lots and lots of people are, so I will give it the spotlight it deserves. So without further ado...



Grilled Mussels with Curry Butter

Ingredients

3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 lime, thinly sliced
1 lime, cut into 4 wedges

Directions

Preheat an outdoor grill for high medium-heat and lightly oil grate.

Whisk together the butter, garlic, curry powder, cumin, and salt in a small bowl.

Arrange four large sheets of aluminum foil on a flat surface. Divide the mussels into four even portions and place one portion on each piece of foil. Dot the mussels with the curry mixture. Sprinkle the red bell pepper and parsley over the top of each portion. Top each with lime slices. Wrap foil tightly around the portions.

Cook the packets on the preheated grill until the mussels have opened, 5 to 10 minutes. Discard any mussels which do not open.

Transfer the mussels to small bowls and garnish each with a lime wedge to serve.



Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Apples

Ingredients

2 large sweet potatoes, sliced
2 apple - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
ground cinnamon to taste
brown sugar to taste
1/2 cup butter

Directions

Preheat an outdoor grill.

In a bowl, toss the sweet potato and apple slices with the cinnamon and sugar. Divide the mixture into 4 portions, places each on a large piece of aluminum foil. Top each with an equal amount of butter. Tightly seal foil around each portion.

Place foil packets on the grill, and cook 40 minutes, turning every 5 to 10 minutes, until potatoes and apples are tender.

Alright kiddies, its time for me to get off here and finish the DD’s room and then get dinner and such going… we all know what happened the last time I had a day off LOL! I went crazy LOL! See you in the morning with more great crafts, foods, and exciting adventures! Until then… peace, love, and lots of HUGS!

1 comment:

  1. That title was plain mean...I wondered about you all day, and was going to worry if I didn't hear tomorrow and then I got on and saw that and thought you were leaving us...So I had a momentary freak out...I'm glad you're not leaving...but in the future, could you simply avoid titles that create heart attacks, panic and general anxiety!

    ReplyDelete