myspace generator

Friday, June 4, 2010

A CASE OF THE GIGGLES

Morning everyone! I hope everyone is doing well today. I want to thank everyone for the great comments yesterday! Ya’ll were very busy! I LOVE IT! Oh and Dad (or mom or BOTH LOL)… do you think you could be any more “subtle” with your Key Lime Pie hints? LMAO! Gee, ya think they want me to make a key lime pie everyone? LMAO! To our dear Tabitha- no I was not born in the Keys. I’ve never been to Florida. I was born right here in Texas… about 15-20 minutes away from my house actually. And to Kathy- Busy is something I SOOO understand! Well, you know from reading my blogs LOL! But welcome, thanks for commenting, thanks for all the nice compliments, and I hope you stick around for the fun!

Now, I am sad to say that the 3rd celebrity passing came by way of yahoo news to me yesterday. Rue McClanahan passed away at the age of 76. She played Blanche on “The Golden Girls” just in case the name doesn’t ring a bell. RIP Rue!



Well, I spent the better part of yesterday scanning and trying to save my computer. I am praying that I got the problem fixed… not sure just yet, but we shall see! It was stuck in a reboot cycle and I had to go into the BIOS and fix stuff, clean the registry, defrag the hard drive, and do a TON more things. It was a pain in the neck really! The I ran virus scans and other scans which took about 8 hours. Sheer boredom of not being able to work on my PC made me actually go through all the junk around my desk and clean it up a bit! Yea I know… I was shocked too! LOL! I actually found some of the floor! LOL!



OK I need to ask a question. Have you ever unintentionally found something very hysterical and couldn’t quit laughing even though you knew it was so inappropriate? What does that say about my character as a person? I ask because that happened to me yesterday reading the Yahoo odd news once I got my computer somewhat fixed. There were a few articles that I just HAD to read but to tell you the truth, the comments were funnier than the actual article LOL! I don’t know why I found them so funny as some of the articles are actually rather disturbing! Maybe I am just a sick person LOL. Who knows… But if you are into some odd news, definitely check these articles out as my ribs were hurting after reading all the comments!

Man accidentally shoots self in testicles

Man punched while calling 911 to report punch

Man calls 911 about mom taking his beer

Funeral home steps in to stop the "grim eater"

NJ teen admits defecating in classmate's soda



I want to bring something to your attention… the Countdown to Christmas. I have a widget on the right side of your screen that is a countdown to Christmas. You may THINK 200+ days is a long time, but its really not. SOOO I have a new exciting project for you to follow. This year, I am making a goal! (Yes ANOTHER goal LOL) ALL my presents to anyone other than my kids (like from Santa LOL) are going to be homemade! Whether it be a gift basket, a blanket, clothes, whatever... I am not spending more money than I have. All the adopted kids (band, football, etc.) will all be included in this challenge. SOOO when that counter hits 150 day until Christmas, be ready! Because each day I will be making one Christmas present… My goal? Be completely done (and maybe have some extra gifts on hand for unexpected company LOL) by October 31st! Crazy you say? Maybe… but totally doable I think. I mean I have already completed 1 goal (Madison’s redecorating of her room) and hope to have another one (finishing my kitchen redecorating) by the end of next week! And, by the end of August, I will have completed at LEAST 2 more of the goals (Madison’s Birthday Sweet 16 party and the Fabric Challenge).So see, I have to have more goals to occupy my time LOL! AND I might have a redecorating/organizing job for my neighbor who wants me to decorate her kitchen and turn her back room into a HUGE walk in closet! So be ready for some crazy days of summer! LOL! Family stay-cations, crafting projects, paid crafting, and tons more! I think you might want to go buy some dramamine in case you get motion sickness from everything that will be going on! LOL!

Ok, now I know that some of my readers are either expecting or have recently been blessed with a little bundle of chaotic joy LOL. So I decided that today, being the first “official day” of summer vacation for my kids, I was gonna bring you some cute baby crafts. I know my brother has a friend, who has a 6-month old baby, so I might make these as a gift for her little man. I know our friend Susan is due this month… are you still with us sweets? I’m not gonna post the long drawn out instructional pages for these, but I am merely going to show you the pictures and link you to the page where you can find these great crafts!

Craft Idea of the Day: Baby Crafts



1. Travel Diaper Wipes Container- This is a great item to make for either keeping in the diaper bag or even in just your purse for small trips. As the child grows, I think you could utilize it for other things such as flushable wipes, markers, you name it… they are that versatile!



2. Diaper Bag- Now the good thing about making your own diaper bag is that if you have a theme for your nursery that might be a little hard to find things for, you can make it to match with no problems! Again, the bag can also be used for other things as the child gets older depending on what fabric you use to make it. Aren’t versatile/multi-purpose crafts the greatest? LOL!



3. Diaper Changing Pad- Ok, this is where my mom rubs off on me! I love her to death, but she is a massive germophobe! LOL! BUT I have to admit, I never wanted my babies touching anything dirty out in the public, and I cringe when even I have to potty out in public! That is why I buy packages (travel size) of Charmin Toilet Seat covers and a roll of Charmin TP and a pack of Cottonelle flushable wipes and they are ALWAYS in my purse! So what better way to protect baby from unsanitary conditions than to make this totally cute diaper changing pad to put under the baby while out in public!? Totally machine washable too! Awesome!

Alright my friends, its that time again! Its time to eat! YUMMMMMMMY! Are you sad though? Chicken & Pie week is coming to a close. Hope you have enjoyed the foods I have brought you and I want to know what you want as your next theme? Leave me a comment and give me some ideas… as for today… Nuts are the common denominator in our recipes today.



Buttermilk Pecan Chicken

Ingredients

1 cup ground pecans
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup buttermilk
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
18 pecan halves

Directions

In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans, sesame seeds if desired, paprika, salt and pepper. Place flour and buttermilk in separate bowls. Coat chicken with flour, dip in buttermilk, then coat with pecan mixture.

Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Top each with three pecan halves.

Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear.



Watergate Pie

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 (3 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
3 cups cold milk
2 tablespoons maraschino cherries, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

To Make Crust: In a medium bowl combine flour and walnuts. Mix in softened butter or margarine until mixture is smooth. Spread mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until set and lightly browned. Allow to cool.

To Make Cream Cheese Layer: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and 1 cup of the whipped topping. Beat until smooth. Spread mixture over baked crust. Chill for 1 hour.

To Make Pudding Layer: In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Mix until pudding thickens. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping, and sprinkle with cherries and walnuts. Chill before serving.

Alright folks, I need to get off of here and get over to mom’s house. DH has kid duty today so we shall see if they destroy the house on the first day of summer break! DD has to perform at graduation tonight with the band, provided it doesn’t rain, so guess what mom is doing when she gets home from work… yep Band chauffeur! LOL! OK gang, look for a very early morning post, as my mom, brother, his gf, and I have an exciting road trip planned and will be leaving out VERY early (don't tell MOM! Its a surprise for everyone LOL)! So, see you tomorrow! HUGS!

3 comments:

  1. Those articles were very weird in my opinion. But these days they are better to read then the real news. IT MAKES ME SICK WHAT BP IS DOING!!!! When I see the brown pelicans (which were just recently taken off the endangered list) saturated so bad with oil that they cant move their wings, when I see the reddish brown oily waters in our Gulf, and when I see the fisherman (one of which is my brother) struggling to keep their families from drowning (no pun intended) in bills they cant pay and not knowing if they will be able to feed their kids; people, we need to DO something; sign petitions, raise awareness, attend rallies, donate money or time to the cause, write congressmen and even President Obama. I myself have been busy trying to do SOMETHING!!! I cry every time they show an oil soaked animal on the news. They didnt asked for this horrible threat to their habitat. And you can bet, we, as consumers, will end up paying for the clean-up in the long run. We, as citizens, should care about this, BECAUSE we are citizens. People really need to research what is happening on this earth. Imagine no clean water, no producing crops, no forests, death to thousands of animals, cancer causing pollution, and life threatening crime. But then again, we dont have to imagine it. Its already happening. I have been brought to light. I hope this comment will make people think, if even for just a moment, what could affect them personally if just one of the things I mentioned happened to them. I apologize if I have offended anyone but lets get real people!!! I'll get off my soap box now and say til next time.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel the same way Mom!! i saw those birds and i couldnt stand it.... i feel soo sorry for them ... and so angry at the off shore drilling .... get that oil with no concern for the enviro and animals.... i really get so mad.....
    i cant remember if I posted but DH was in the hosp and while he was being admitted from the ER i twisted my knee that i just had operation on like 3 weeks ago... well, found out yest that I did NOT retear it THank God..... and DH is doing well. so hopefully we can get back to nromal here a bit whatever normal is
    jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got caught up with your postings and thank you VIncent for your comment... it is much appreciated :)

    i love Vermont too LOL
    jean

    ReplyDelete