myspace generator

Friday, February 19, 2010

THE CRAFTY BUG BIT ME!

Morning everyone… how are you doing this morning? I am not doing real good… and I had a few things I had to do this morning that were not real fun but now I am free YAY! I am glad to hear from my friends but I am not happy to hear of Jean’s bad times. Hun I hope things get better for you soon! Susan, I went back and fixed the link for the calendars… hopefully it works now. Ok, so I got majorly hit by the craft bug yesterday! It took a big ol’ chunk out of me and didn’t let go until about 9:30 or so last night… (about the time it was time for my nighttime meds LOL). So without further ado… check all this out!



First, remember I told you about the magnetic menu calendar? Well here it is. I stapled all the remaining months together and hot glued the lot to the scrapbook paper (ain’t it cute?). Then that was glued to a piece of poster board and a sheet of magnet glued to the back. I have yet to fill in all the days… but I think its neat.



From there, I started painting more cat litter buckets and I had an idea when I was sitting there painting… sticking with the decopauging theme from the other day. I had scrapbook paper with pretty bright strawberries on it, so I cut it the same size as the “labels” on the bucket sides and glued them to the bucket. Then I overglued with Modge Podge. Once that was dry on all sides, I coated with a clear coat of sealer. Isn’t it adorable?! I just have to drill the drain holes in it and it will be ready for my baby strawberry plants currently residing in my kitchen window LOL! I’m gonna hang these “designer planters” LOL from the rail on my front porch. I think they’ll be cute!



While I was outside painting the buckets, I figured I would get another thing painted. I had picked up this old fashioned wooden “tool box/crate” and I decided that might make a cute organizer for DD’s room. So after the buckets, I painted it blue to match everything else going in her room. I will be decoupaging music notes on that too! And if by some weird chance she doesn't want it, then I might decoupage some nautical stuff on it and give it to my Dad for the new "Man Cave" he's been building LOL!



So while the paint was drying on those, I came back inside and worked on more scrapbook pages. I just got a few done, but they turned out really cute. I love scrapbooking actually. It's a hobby I'm glad I got into, even though it can be very expensive at times LOL! I already had a sticker fetish and it made me develop a paper fetish too LMAO!



I also got started on my Famous People Flashcards for when I host my Italian Night party. I printed black and white photos of famous Italian People and printed out their names. I glued them to scrapbook paper with green and white (the colors of Italy). The names will be cut and put on the backs of the cards and the pictures hung up for people to guess during the game. I have about 6 more to finish making plus one bonus… so 7 LOL!



Then I was staring at this pile of old cd’s… and other junk that was just in boxes from storage… Cake topper time!! I got 9 completed yesterday and let me tell ya OMG they are just the cutest little things! I got holidays, etc… take a look!



Here is a Baby boy topper I made. I didn’t have a horse like I used in some others, so I used this cute little bassinet and the other baby stuff to decorate it. I always like having extras of these baby toppers because there is ALWAYS people around us having babies!



Here is the baby girl one I made. Again, out of horses, so I used this little buggy. I also used all the little girl things that I usually use. I just think these are absolutely adorable! Wish I had thought of them when I had my kids LOL!



Ok, so we have Easter coming up, and I always make big cakes for everything LOL so I had to make an Easter one. I just hope the Easter Bunny mistakenly tries to hide the eggs on it LOL!



Then I have this one which is absolutely precious I think. It’s a Breast Cancer Awareness topper. I made this one, not to celebrate cancer, but celebrate survival. I have had a lump removed that ended up malignant (yes I underwent radiation for it too), and I have had family members with breast cancer, so it hits close to home with me. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and I tend to make cakes, cupcakes, etc to remind people. I thought this would be pretty awe-inspiring!



Alright then there is my Homecoming one. People around here make a HUGE deal out of Homecoming… throwing parties, dances, etc. WELL, at a party there is normally CAKE right? And why not have a school colored cake topper to finish it off? I thought it was awesome and the kids here about blew my eardrums when they saw it! LMAO.



This next one is VERY special to me… it’s for my DD Madison’s Sweet 16th Birthday this year. So I HAD to make it awesome! I took one of the glitter notes (which is actually a Christmas ornament and we bought tons to decorate her room with) and some blue and white roses and made this. She looked like she wanted to cry and said it was the most awesome thing she had seen! Ya know I felt good after that!



Ok, then we have Christmas… I absolutely LOVE nutcrackers. For those of you who know me, you know I collect them. Well I had another Christmas ornament, the nutcracker, so I made it into a topper too!



Then, thinking about the boys and the Poker Night they want to have, inspired me to do a Poker topper! We have more decks of cards and excess chips around here than you can shake a stick at, so behold the image sent forth to me by the Poker fairies! If you make it, they will play LMAO!



And finally, with St. Patrick’s Day just around the bend (March 17th), I felt all green with giddiness to create this topper! I will probably make a different one because I have just so much cute things!

So you see, I had a serious crafting bug yesterday and I still have it today. I love it when I get like this because all I have to do is look at something and I get an idea. I get so much done and I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. I love it! Now you know what I want to talk about? My other passion… FOOD! I think tonight I am going to make some…



Oh-So-Good Chicken Casserole

Ingredients

4 teaspoons olive oil
6 tablespoons sour cream
4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
2 cups cooked white rice
8 ounces boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced

Directions

In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute mushrooms. Combine mushrooms, sour cream, cheese, salsa, rice, and chicken. Place in a greased casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes. Top with sour cream and green onions if desired.

Alright kids… I’m gonna get off here for the day, go take some medicine, and get to work on some more crafts. I will see you all back here tomorrow… Happy Crafting and tons of HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment