myspace generator

Monday, February 8, 2010

A DAY OF RECOVERY

Well hi there and hello this crazy post-party morning. Please don’t yell, as I still have a headache from the testosterone charged air that lingered in my house for endless hours yesterday LOL. One thing I do not like about the Super Bowl? The AFTERMATH! OMG decorations and trash everywhere, cups, and just tons of junk! Good thing they did all the dishes last night after the game LOL! But guess who will be getting off his hind end and helping clean up today!? YUP… gotta make him do something around here LOL! But the food went over well. The thing that went the fastest? The asparagus rollups! Those were gone within the first 10 minutes of the game LOL!

To Hazel- I am so glad you are loving my blog and finding it helpful. I am glad you get inspired and try the recipes and enjoy them! And I so appreciate your comments you leave. I smile when I read them.

OK so today is a day of recovery for me. I was up on my feet for about 7 hours cooking appetizers and foods, so its sit on my big ol’ hind end and relax while everyone around me slaves LMAO! This is the part I like LOL! So I’ll probably just sit here and work on some scrapbook pages or who knows what else. But with Valentine’s Day coming around the corner (now that we are done with Super Bowl) I figured I would give you another installment of Valentine’s day crafts you can make.

Craft Idea of the Day: Homemade Valentine's Day Gifts (part 3)

I have always said that homemade gifts are the best because they are from your heart. Not only will your gift be one of a kind, but it will show that special recipient that you care enough to put a little time and effort into your gift. It shows you took the time to think about them! Here are some inspirational ideas for your romantic Valentine's Day.



Make a Scrapbook
Photos, ticket stubs and other special mementos can be put together to make a scrapbook (either small or full size). An old photo album can work great for this too. Group items based on special occasions the two of you shared together, such as first kiss, first date, an engagement party or wedding photos. Then spend the evening reminiscing about all the great times you've shared together as a couple while looking through the book.



Cook a Romantic Dinner
Instead of going out for dinner, stay in and cook dinner. If you have children, wait until after they go to bed or get a sitter (grandmas work wonders here!). Set up some candles, some wine that has been on ice, and your place settings. It doesn't have to be complicated. A simple meal will be appreciated. But if you've got the cooking skill then now is the time to show them off! Put on some romantic music and let the mood whisk you away!



Make your Own Valentine's Day Card
Break out the construction or scrapbook paper, glitter and glue and have a blast. Craft your sweetie a Valentine's Day card from scratch. It's the time and effort that are put into the card that really matter. Use this as the chance to express all those romantic feelings to your Valentine. You can use stickers, pictures, ribbon, etc. Get creative! And if you're really talented, you can even include some poetry.



Bake Valentine's Day Cookies
It may seem like this idea has been done, but baking special Valentine's Day treats never really goes out of style! Each year could be a different baked item. Cookies, cupcakes, cakes, squares, muffins and candy are just some of the ideas. It's a treat that you put time and effort into so that it can be enjoyed together.



Prepare a Living Room Picnic
So February isn't exactly picnic weather, especially around my area with all the rain! So have one inside instead! Lay out a picnic blanket in the living room, preferably in front of a roaring fireplace, and enjoy each others' company. Sip on a glass of wine and snack on picnic foods that have been carefully prepared.



Create Custom Artwork
I tell my husband this constantly… DRAW ME SOMETHING! If you're an artist then make something creative for your sweetie this Valentine's Day. Frame some photographs or paint some artwork for that special someone. Making someone a gift is much more special and it's guaranteed to be a one-of-a-kind gift.



Love Coupons
This may sound cheesy but it's actually a great idea that can be a lot of fun! Simple write out some "love coupons" and give them to your Valentine. They could be coupons for "1 Movie Date" or "One Home-cooked Romantic Dinner". Another one could be "One Romantic Evening in the Bedroom" if you get the idea. Does your loved one have that “special something” they really like? Make it into a coupon LOL! These ensure that you continue to enjoy special time together even after Valentine's Day. Just make sure they don’t get mixed up with your normal coupons LMAO! Have fun explaining THAT one to the Wal-Mart or Kroger cashier! LMAO!

I guess it’s easy for me to find alot and come up with a lot of these ideas because I am a hopeless romantic. (I read alot of craft sites and some just pop in my head.) Most of the time it is supposed to be the guy right? Well statistics show that more and more WOMEN are becoming the romantic ones. As with anything I do, I just treat others how I would like to be treated. Either way, the hippies, Michael Jackson, and tons of others had/have it right (including the Beatles) when they said “All you need is love”! It would make this world a better place… I firmly believe that.

OK, so you would think that after all the food yesterday, I wouldn’t even want to discuss food today right? Wrong! I have to feed my crew as there wasn’t much left over believe it or not. So, what do we make? Well, I’m thinking about some Moroccan Stew for dinner… it’s a quick meal that fills everyone up. I also have a request for more of the Asparagus Rollups maybe for a side, so I might consider that too.



Moroccan Stew

Ingredients

1 cup whole wheat couscous
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 bay leaves
5 whole cloves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground dried turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - chopped
1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans
1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (30 fluid ounce) chicken broth
2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup Golden raisins
salt to taste

Directions

1. Prepare the couscous according to package directions.

2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook onion until tender. Mix in bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Place chicken in the pot, and cook until well browned. Pour garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and broth into the pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes.

3. Mix carrots, raisins, and zucchini into pot. Season with salt. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve stew over cooked couscous.

**This is really a HEALING stew and has many cancer fighting ingredients and high metabolic spices (tumeric, clove, cinnamon, etc.). It is great for people fighting diabetes, cancer or just want good general health. You can use chicken thighs, shredded chicken or mixed pieces for a more rich stew, or go without the meat and add more beans.**

Alrighty kids, I think its that time when I sign off and get busy working on something. Of course I had a real rough night (I gotta quit watching Criminal Minds when I am on my meds before bed LMAO!) so I might go take a power nap first. Not sure yet. Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow with more exciting crafts and foods! HUGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment