myspace generator

Saturday, April 3, 2010

OH PLEASE MR. OFFICER!

Mornin’! How are you doing today? I’m quite tired really. Mom and I were running the roads and consulting with stoned rabbits who carry my pretty colored eggs and rudely hide them from me! LOL Just kidding… I love the Easter Bunny. He brings me chocolate… and I like chocolate! It was an interesting day for sure!



My day started rather early, as you know. Once I completed my blog, I was in the kitchen and I just HAPPENED to notice all the seedling sprouts from the second batch of seeds my daughter and I planted! Even in the little croissant containers, there are sprouts! We have watermelon, peas, beef steak tomatoes, red cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, and a zucchini! If it’s pretty today, I will be transferring the older seedlings from batch one into 4in. pots and starting ANOTHER batch of seeds! I am shooting for my first plant sale in mid May. I want to have at least 50 small 4 inch pots and then some yuccas, sagos, etc. to offer.

So after I got all freakydeek about the seedlings LOL, I left to go pick up mom. DH had daddy duty so I made sure he was up and moving and alert LOL! I picked up mom and we started our day going to Jack in the Box to grab a drink cause it was a humid and sticky day! Well… it just so happens, there was a State Trooper in the next lane who just “happened” to notice a burnt out turn signal… UGH! So sure enough, as I turned left, he flipped on those bright lights and pulled me over! I gave him the “tender woman… oh please Mr. Officer… be easy on me” while I bat my luscious eyelashes routine LOL and was lucky enough to only receive a warning! LOL… you better believe I made sure to get a new bulb before I got home! He was really nice actually… but something that happened makes me go HUH? DUH?! The warning…. He gave me a VERBAL warning right? Ok so WHY in the world did he give me a paper statement of the verbal warning? Since WHEN do you write a “verbal” anything down? Doesn’t it become WRITTEN? LOL… That’s almost as confusing as MILITARY INTELLIGENCE!! Either way I was grateful not getting a ticket!

Then we went to the store and grabbed a few things to fill up the kids baskets for Easter and a few things for the house I forgot. The stores were full of weirdos who were arguing with themselves, racing around the store, talking to us about nothing really, and looking us up and down like a big lollipop or something! Last minute crazies running around like chickens with their heads cut off who were quite creepy at the time, but funny after we sat down and thought about it! Mom and I were glad to go home!

I hung out with mom for awhile chatting and laughing and just having fun. Then I headed out to CVS to pick up my blood pressure Rx only to have this woman, whom I have had NUMEROUS problems with before, tell me that they did not HAVE a Rx for me. EXCUSE ME? Uh yes you do… FIND IT! So I went round and round with her until she FINALLY found it. I think she does it on purpose because I have gotten her in trouble a few times before for not doing her job, being rude, and basically being incompetent! So does that mean if she infuriates me to the point of heart attack or stroke, my family can sue her? LMAO… don’t play with the BP meds broad! LMAO!!!!!



My last stop was to a small local mom & pop owned grocery store called Zieglers. They are having an incredible sale on stick butter… 2 boxes for $1. I HAD to get a bunch, cause I use A LOT of butter LOL! While there, I “parrused” (mom’s word of the day LOL) down the meat aisle and I found a few good sales. Tyson whole chickens were on sale for .79 cents a pound. I found 2 birds under $3 each. Family size chicken drumsticks were on sale too, and I found 3 packs of those for under $3 each. I found a couple of steaks for about $1.50 each which will become beef tips LOL, cube steak, and a big shank ham portion for Easter dinner. Jimmy Dean rolled sausage was on sale too, and I happened to have a coupon! Raid was on sale too… at $1.19 a can after my $1 coupon! YAY! Ants are NOT my friends LOL! I got all this stuff for about $30.

To Jean, don’t apologize for a joke LOL… it was quite funny after the initial shock LOL! Not many people even try to get me like that anymore LOL!



Oh I HAVE to tell you… since this is Autism Awareness Month, Toys R Us has partnered with Autism Speaks to accept donations for Autism research! Here is what it says on the site… In conjunction with Autism Awareness Month in April, all Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us locations nationwide and Toysrus.com will conduct a fundraising campaign now through April 30 to collect contributions to benefit Autism Speaks. Additionally, Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us together serve as the North American sponsors of 80 Walk Now for Autism Speaks events across the U.S. and Canada. Isn’t that cool? The site also gives you links to learn more about Autism. You can also make a donation online or in the store. Rest assured that your donation WILL help children in need, as Autism Speaks is a great foundation! Go to the TOYS R US site to donate today! Just think, for the price of a pack of cigarettes, you can help an Autistic child make a set of communication PECS or for the price of a whole carton you can help them buy a special weighted vest they may need for therapy! Please think about helping... kids who are just like my son would appreciate it!

Ok, so most of you know how I love food right? And I discussed that new show Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution (which I forgot to watch but will re-air today at 2pm so DON’T TELL ME ABOUT IT YET MOM OR ANYONE ELSE LOL!). Well the other day I decided to test my Autistic 14yr old how many veggies and fruits HE could identify without help. I picked out 18 fruits and 18 veggies and printed them out like flash cards. Keeping in mind he has problems with some enunciation, I am proud to announce that he correctly identified all but 3 of the fruits and 5 of the veggies! And I picked hard ones too… like pomegranate, avocado, etc. I was SO very proud of him! I felt good about myself too… I must be doing something right when my 14yr old autie can correctly name off those and a classroom of 1st graders WITHOUT disabilities cannot! I had one of those teary-eyed proud mommy moments LOL! Well, thinking about school lunches and looking at all the reusable shopping bags inspired today’s craft.



Craft Idea of the Day: Fabric Lunch Sack

Materials Needed:

1/2 yard of fabric(can be coated in vinyl)
1" piece of Velcro

Instructions:

Step 1: Cut two rectangles 15 1/2" long x 12" wide from desired fabric. Cut 2" x 2" square from the bottom right and left corners of fabric rectangles.

Step 2: Use 1/2" seam allowance unless noted. For fabrics which do not ravel, press or finger press seams open. For fabrics which tend to ravel, do not open seams. Use a zig-zag stitch along raw edges. Pin bag front and bag back, right sides together. Stitch right and left side seams. Stitch bottom seam.

Step 3: Pull bag front away from bag back at bottom corners. Matching bottom seam and side seam, pin bag bottom to bag side.

Step 4: Turn bag right side out.

Step 5: Top Edge: Turn top edge under 1". Pin. Stitch close to raw edge.

Step 6: Side creases: Place bag on a flat surface. Measure 1 3/4" from side seam. Crease (or finger press) bag from top edge to bottom. Since backpack nylon cannot be ironed, stitch along crease as close as possible to fold, catching bag front and back. Repeat for remaining three side creases.

Step 7: Velcro: Cut 1 1/2" length of Velcro. Position and pin the “soft" Velcro piece to the front of the bag, centered 1/2" from the top edge. Stitch. Position and pin the “rough" Velcro piece to the back of the bag, centered approximately 3": from the top edge. Stitch.

Ok, isn’t that neat? Next, we have another favorite subject of mine… FOOD! Now tell me… what casserole week would be complete without the old fashioned, traditional TUNA casserole? None that’s which one! So, with a few tweeks and without further ado, I give you the…



World’s Best Tuna Casserole

Ingredients

1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup frozen green peas
2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
2 ½ (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
1 cup crushed potato chips
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

In a large bowl, thoroughly mix noodles, onion, 1 cup cheese, peas, tuna, pepper, soup and mushrooms. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and top with potato chip crumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is bubbly.

Ok kids, that’s it for today! I’m off to organize, cook, clean, and drive my family nuts LOL! I hope you have fun with whatever you plan to do! Peace, Love & lots of HUGS!

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of seedlings.....me and DH planted some brussel sprout seeds 4 days ago and YAY!!! There are baby sprouts popping up. Fastest sprouting I have ever seen. Cant wait until they are transplantable size, because then I will introduce them into the garden. I love gardening!
    Thanks for the casserole recipes but I have a very important question. Is
    LASAGNA
    considered a casserole? LOL Great Day to All!

    ReplyDelete