myspace generator

Sunday, April 25, 2010

WANT A GOOD LAUGH?

Good morning boys and girls! How are you doing this sunny Sunday morn? I am alright... stiff, tired, and yet cranially stimulated LOL! Mom is in her owm room now YAY! I stayed with her for about 8 hours yesterday. She was laughing and being more like my mom... even griping at me for not eating and such! YAY! I know, doesn't that sound weird that I WANT her to gripe at me? LOL hey she scared the crap outta me this past week, so this is a welcome improvement! I'm gonna TRY not to roll my eyes when she does it after she is home... notice I said TRY! LOL... I want to thank Hazel and Jean for their comments yesterday. I got to read them late last night and I couldn't help but smile. I've always said, I have the best readers in the world, and you guys and girls just keep proving that each day. THANK you so much!

Ok, so I left the hospital yesterday and was going out to her house to do some chores... I stopped by Home Depot on the way to her house and used my coupon for Buy 1 Get 1 Free Tree before it expires on the 26th... oh crap! That's tomorrow and I forgot to grab hers so I can get 2 more trees... FUDGE! Dad if you read this before you leave... stop reading and grab that coupon... put it in your wallet and bring that coupon up to the hospital to me today! Then come back and finish reading LOL... Ok sorry... jello brained. Anyways, you should have seen me trying to fit these 6-8 ft. trees in my little car LMAO! But I did it... so she has 2 pecan trees like she wanted waiting for her when she gets home. Think I will get the lemon trees she wants with her coupon. See, she lost all her trees because of the storm and this Garden Club Coupon was the best thing... so she could replace them. And you guys know me... I HATE letting good coupons expire! LOL!

Ok, so I get to Mom & Dad's house and unload the trees. Then I check the garden if it needs watering, but it doesn't, then I clean the water bowl for the outside cats. I go inside the house and start some laundry. Go in the garage and see a brother has graciously left HIS laundry on the outside washer. Go in the attic and get a few things out of one of my boxes. Then take the laundry in the house. Go in the RV and love on the kitties, clean the cat box, brought in the mail, washed the dishes, and checked how much food Dad has to make sure he is eating properly. Ok... done in the RV so I go back in the house. Change the laundry over and start making mom another bag of ice. I get the ziploc filled and tried to seal it. Ok good... looks sealed. Turn it upside down to "make sure" and WHOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHH! Ice ALL over the dang floor!! Oh did I scream like a banchee and cussed bad enough to make a sailor blush and run the opposite direction!! OK take a deep breath, scream again, and clean up the ice. Now... lets try this again... filled up the bag and snap the seal... walk over to the sink to check (Just in case LOL) and turn it upside down. Ahhh sealed! Finally! Turn around to walk over and put the bag of ice in the freezer and BAMPLOP! Fall on my butt on a stray piece of flippin ice!!!! I'm surprised the cops weren't called cause the neighbors thought someone was being killed cause I was screaming and cussing so loud! Oh this is some good insulation- they can't HEAR me outside LOL! Ok ya know what... I think its time to go home and not touch anything and go to sleep lol!

I get home and DH asks if I would like a glass of tea. Yes please that would be very nice. "Do you want ice?" he said... Oh I started screaming about ice and he looked at me like I was insane LOL! So I had to tell him about the ice and he laughed at me... butthead! Needless to say I stretched out on the floor and that was the last thing I remember. DH woke me up around 10 telling me to go to bed LOL.

So I'm up this morning looking out the window and notice I have sticks where my squash once was! Something has eaten all my blossoms and leaves! My garden is suffering but family comes first. So it looks like Mother nature and I need to have a talk so she will help take care of it in my absense LOL. Anyone know if opposums like squash blossoms?

Ok, I am chomping at the bit to get back to crafting (and don't say anything to mom DAD! Yea I know you are there LOL) but my family comes first... so I am gathering all these ideas for "my big comeback LOL". I am thinking of making my mom a Dammit Doll for while she is up there actually LOL. Can you see the nurses faces when she tells them what it is? LMAO! So until I can slow down below the speed of sound and light, I am stuffing these neat ideas in a box and will eventually pay them a visit. And I am gonna share another one with you today.



Craft Idea of the Day: Survival Guardian Angel Kit

Make this creative gift for a friend. (I've been inspired with this whole ordeal with my mother and I saw this and just nodded my head like yep uh huh... I should do that LOL)

Purchase a small gift bag and fill with the items below, along with a label explaining each token.

Toothpick - Pick out the good qualities in everyone, including yourself.
Bandaid - To heal hurt feelings.
Gum - Think before you "Chew" others out.
Smiley Face - Because smiling is contagious
Guardian Angel - Because everyone needs one.
Pencil - To write down your days blessings.
Eraser - To remind you always start each day with a clean slate.
Sticky Tape - To tape your lips when you have nothing good to say.
Star - To reflect what you can be.
Sand paper - To smooth out the rough edges.
Glitter - To make things sparkle.
Velcro dot - Help you get a grip on things.
Rubber Band - To stretch you beyond your limits.
Paper clip - To keep things together.
Candle - To light up your path.

I think that would be a neat gesture for someone when you don't know what else to do. You could also make other kits similar to this... I have seen Mother's/Father's survival kits, friendship kits, etc.

Ok, now my head says I'm not hungry but my stomach begs to differ. Its growling and making my feel queezy, but who's got time to eat right? Exactly... well maybe to cook actually. So what does the frugal mom do? You got it... Set it and forget it! CROCKPOT TIME! YUMMMMM



Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients
1 pound cubed beef stew meat
2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup water
4 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon granualted garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 beef boullion cube
1/2 packet of dry onion soup mix
1 container of fresh sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter

Directions

In a slow cooker, combine the meat, soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce and water.

Cook on Low setting for 5 hours. Saute mushrooms in butter and add about 30 minutes before meal is done. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream just before serving.

Ok gang, time for me to get dressed and start another day of sheer chaos LOL. I will see you here again tomorrow for another day of "let my friends laugh at my idiocy" storytime! Big HUGS!

1 comment:

  1. ok Renee' am I going to have to come to Texas to settle you down? you are going to break something if your not careful.... remember, sweetie, you do not have to do it all in one day.
    say hello to mom and take it easy!
    thats an order !!!
    jean

    ReplyDelete