myspace generator

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

IN STITCHES

Well hola, hi there, and hello to you this brisk Janny morn! Sorry I'm a wee bit on the tardy side... had to take the hubs to the courthouse. They set him a courtdate over a seatbelt ticket... A SEATBELT ticket!? Seriously?? OK so he goes February 10th to try to get it dismissed. If not, its gonna cost him over $200 for it. He better pray now lol! So we just got back home and he went out for a walk. I'm all alone! YAY! LMAO...

OK for those of you who have learned some things about me, you know I don't watch too much tv. However, I do love this show called Criminal Minds. OMG have you seen it? Its really good... that's actually what I wanted to do when I was younger- criminal pyschology and profiling. But certain events in my life did not allow that to happen. But I have recently been thinking about checking into the rest of the courses and seeing if I could do something similar on a more local level... not just FBI... cool huh? We'll see... I have such a busy schedule already. It would be nice though... I'll let ya'll know what I decide.

So are the fingers feeling crafty? I actually am in a very crafty mood... and its good cause I can sit down since I'm not feeling too good and do it. I'm going to be concentrating on making some purses with matching accessories. But I want to share a site with you today... not just a particular craft. Its one of my favorites. I found a ton of great things there and have made MANY of the items on this site. It's called "Sewing Stuff" and is the site for free sewing patterns and craft ideas. You can find all kinds of things such as baby stuff, clothing, charity sewing, and tons more! Make sure to check it out!

Ok, so I've worked up an appetite and its not even lunch yet! So what do we do... well we eat a nice healthy salad for lunch LOL and then we plan a killer dinner! I'm talking OMG-can't-believe-this-came-out-of-my-oven kind of dinner LOL! Tonight I am making a seafood spread! Baked Salmon Fillets and steamed lobsters (I found on the cheap at one of my local grocers... picked up and froze a bunch!) with grilled rice (that has baby shrimp in it) and fresh green beans with new potatoes and corn on the coblets. Served with sides of hush puppies (or shut up dogs as we jokingly call them here- remind me of the story to tell you about those later!) and cornbread or rolls. YUMMY!!! Here's some very delicious recipe for the salmon...



Baked Crusted Salmon Fillet

Ingredients

1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Dill Weed
1 salmon fillets (1 pound)
1 tablespoon vegetable Oil

Directions

Blend Old Bay seasoning, onion powder and dill weed; set aside. Place fillet, skin side down, in baking pan coated with cooking spray. Lightly brush surface with vegetable oil.

Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over fillet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.

OMG ok gotta share my SHUT UP DOG story with you... its so funny! One day when we went out I got to thinking about words I could use instead of hush puppies... another one for hush is "SHUT UP" lol and puppies are "DOGS" hense... Shut up Dogs LOL! So we go to Kroger one day and I was feeling pretty onry so I decided to mess with the little guy working in the freezer section. He asked me if I needed any help and so I said "Yes, can you help me find where you keep the shutup dogs?" He was like "Excuse me?" Yea the shut up dogs... so he walked up and down the isles looking and then comes back and asked who makes them. LOL Trying to contain myself, I said I didn't know so he says "Let me go ask my manager" and walked into the back. OMG I was about to wet myself laughing! Keeping it inside, the manager comes out and asked how he could help, so I asked him and he kept walking around. He couldn't find them and he tells me "Ma'am I'm not sure if we carry that brand" so I walked away a bit and then pulled a bag out of the freezer and said "I found them. Thanks for your help" and they said "You're welcome" and walked away... OMG I went outside and about died right there in the parking lot! I was laughing so hard, I was crying!

Ok so now that you are probably all wet from laughing so hard... I forgot to tell you about dessert! Miniature Peanut Butter Cheesecakes! OMG delish! Here lemme share... I found this recipe on Taste of Home and they are a big hit around here! The kids go CRAZY over them!



Miniature Peanut Butter Cheesecakes

Ingredients
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
5 teaspoons butter, melted

FILLING:
4 ounces Kraft Philadelphia® - Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons beaten egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 miniature peanut butter cups

Directions

In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of six paper-lined muffin cups; set aside.

In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Place a peanut butter cup in the center of each muffin cup; fill with cream cheese mixture.

Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6 servings.

So there ya go my friends... a good craft resource, a couple of good recipes, and a good laugh... my work here for the day is done LOL! Ya'll have a great day and I will see you again tomorrow for another exciting adventure! HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment