myspace generator

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SLOW COOKIN'...

Well good morning there my faithful friends. How are you this cold January morning? Oh I am freezing and hurting but other than that, I'm good LOL! I called the doctor and they are flooded with patients with flu, etc. and the earliest they can squeeze me in would be Thursday. So I took it of course, but its gonna be alot of Advil and heating pads and such until then! I can't afford to be down so long... so we soldiers march on!

Here are a couple of pics from Alex's Birthday yesterday...

This was Alex's cake... he doesn't like too many sweets, so we normally do a small cake. And I'm no decorator, but I think it was ok LOL...

Poor baby was so tired, but he loved his Sheriff Woody toy!

I want to thank everyone for your Birthday wishes to Alex in comments and emails. I read them to him and he was just smiling! It was great! He ate tons of Mac & Cheese and about 2 1/2 pounds of sausage BY HIMSELF LOL! He was lovin his day! I kept telling my family "Ya know I have the best readers in the world!" And I do! You guys and girls are some of the most considerate and kind/caring people I have met (online LOL) and I thank you for your love and support! YOU are the reason I do this blog everyday... like the mailman... come rain, snow, sleet, or hail! LOL

Ok ok... sentimental moment is over now... let's have some fun! LOL! I found this on a website and I wanted to share with you. Its a cute little robe for when you clean up your little ones!



Craft Idea of the Day: Baby Towel Bathrobe

SUPPLIES:
21 x 40 plain white towel
2 yds. 5/8" ribbon

Fold the towel in half crosswise and mark down the center. Unfold and bring the two ends to those center markings and overlap them by 1/2". On each folded side, measure 5" down from the top selvage, mark with pin and then measure over from fold 4". This 4" space will form the sleeve. Now cut on the fold down to the 5" mark and across to the 4" marking for the sleeve. Turn over to the backside and measure down 5" all across from cut on fold to other cut on fold. Cut across on these markings. This extra piece will form the yoke. You can now stitch a design all across the back yoke. I do this with the omnigram vine. To embroider on terry, you should use Solvy on top so the stitches won't sink in and use stabilizer underneath. I also picked a decorative stitch to put down the fronts of the robe on the heavy border line. Stabilizer is not necessary here because of the stability of this area.

On the selvage edge of the yoke, measure 6" from each cut end and place a pin. This will be the shoulder seam. Lay aside. On the front of the robe, measure over from center front shoulder seam to 3" and form a 1/2" pleat and then move over 1/2" and make another 1/2" pleat. Pin in place on both side fronts. Pin the selvage edge of the yoke to the end of the sleeve and pin again at that 6" marking and sew the shoulder seam on each side in a 1/4" seam. At center fronts, form a lapel by folding fronts diagonally and sew on a button or a ribbon bow for decoration or just stitch one heart from your decorative stitches on the machine. Turn the selvage down at the neckline and stitch down.

Using the ribbon, encase ends of sleeves with a zig zag stitch or the heirloom applique stitch or the pinstitch (your choice). Using ribbon instead of bias binding makes it softer.

Gather the upper back of the rest of the robe between the sleeve areas, mark center back and match it to the yoke center back and adjust gathers evenly. Sew sleeve seam from one end and across the yoke to the other end of sleeve. Sew ribbon ties to the front using one heart design.

And of course, who could forget food? Not me... I am an eating machine! LOL I love food! I love to shop for foods (especially at like farmers markets and specialty stores, etc.) I love to experiment with different methods of cooking foods, and of course recipes and playing with or making them up is phenomenal! Then of course you have the tasting. OMG I go to heaven everytime it touches my palate! Sometimes I admit, I do even amaze myself LOL! But whenever I don't feel good... its rough. There have been times where just the sight of food made me ill. I have chicken, pork, sausage, and hamburger all thawed out. So what to do... well with the chicken I am going to make Citrus Chicken, the pork will become Veggie Pork Soup, the sausage will be left for Alex LOL, and the hamburger will become skillet fried meatballs that will go into the slow cooker all day to become either meatball sub sandwiches or topping with the sauce for spaghetti. Either way, these meals are "no-fuss-so-mom-can-go-back-to-bed" meals LOL! If I've said it a million times, I'll say it again LOL I love my crockpots!



Citrus Chicken

Ingredients
2 cans of mandarin oranges, drained
1 medium green pepper, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, skillet sauteed
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chili sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Hot cooked rice

Directions

Place oranges and green pepper in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with chicken. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.

Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.



Vegetable Pork Soup

Ingredients

1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 can (12 ounces) light or nonalcoholic beer
1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions

Sprinkle pork with garlic powder. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil; drain.

Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).

Well kids, this concludes our journey for today. Join me again tomorrow for another great adventure in food town LOL! I'm your host, Renee, wishing you all good eating and until tomorrow... HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment