myspace generator

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WHATS HAPPENING TO HUMANITY?

Morning my sweets... sorry I am a bit late this morning. I had to run to the tax office and purchase the new registration tags for my car. But I am here now LOL so don't fret! I see we have another follower this morning! Welcome! Come in and stay awhile. Its another cold bitter morning here in Texas and the weatherman assures us, it will be the warmest day of the next week today... oh gee thanks. I'm thrilled now to hear that! NOT!

Ok, so I've been in a weird mood lately and so this morning I decided to check out the "Odd News" on Yahoo. Boy was I in for it... Here's some of the "interesting" headlines...

Police seek woman who trashes Mo. McDonald's- KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Police in Kansas City, Mo., are looking for a woman who went on a rampage at a McDonald's because she didn't like her hamburger.

Man opts for jail over New Year with relatives- ROME (Reuters) - A Sicilian man stole sweets and a packet of chewing gum so he could get arrested and spend New Year's Eve in a jail cell rather than be with his wife and relatives, Italian media reported on Friday.

Tweets, sexting "unfriended" in U.S. banned word list- KANSAS CITY (Reuters) - If you recently tweeted about how you were chillaxin for the holiday, take note: Fifteen particularly over- or mis-used words and phrases have been declared "shovel-ready" to be "unfriended" by a U.S. university's annual list of terms that deserve to be banned.

Errant Chinese smoker stops world's fastest train- BEIJING (Reuters Life!) - The world's fastest train hit its first speed bump in the form of a disobedient smoker less than a week after it began running in southern China.

Ore. man accused of snipping bus passenger's hair- PORTLAND, Ore. - A prosecutor says a Portland man accused of sneakily snipping a fellow bus passenger's hair as he sat behind her New Year's Eve is a suspect in a number of similar incidents. Jared Weston Walter pleaded not guilty Monday in Multnomah County Circuit Court to third-degree robbery, interfering with public transit, second-degree disorderly conduct and harassment.

United Airlines pilot admits being over drink limit- A United Airlines pilot admitted in court on Tuesday that he had turned up at London's Heathrow Airport to fly a plane to Chicago while three times over the alcohol limit.


Now seriously??!! What kind of world do these people live in when they want to act all crazy doing stupid stuff like this?? Now I have to admit, I did chuckle over in the Inlaw story vs. jail time LMAO! But the others were just like OMG are you serious?? And people wonder why I don't watch the news and such! I choose to have a select niavite'... sometimes ignorance IS bliss! LOL... ok so enough with the foolishness, tell me how is your year is going so far? I know, its only 6 days in, but are you getting the feel yet?? I'm getting the feel that people are getting desperate these days because some things are so bad right now... finances, unemployment rates, etc. and that we need to practice more frugality and self control. We need to get back to the old ways of life maybe for a bit til the world cleans itself up some- at least enough to be tolerable. Bartering, sewing, pantry cooking, canning, gardening, etc. Why don't people understand that by being more self sufficient, they won't suffer as much!? Well, I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna start a patio garden (the landlord won't let me plant in the ground cause he's an idiot). I already sew, cook, and can my own jellies, salsas, and veggies, etc. So now I have to figure out a way to cut more bills and live just about free... I think it CAN be done and I am gonna make it another one of my 2010 goals!

Now lets talk some munchies cause I'm starving! I could go for a big huge country breakfast, but I'm not going to. I have some jalapeno & Cheddar venison sausage I am wrapping in biscuits and making homemade pigs-n-a-blanket or kolaches (depending on where you are from!) for breakfast/brunch along with a tall glass of OJ! YUM! But dinner... hmmm... dinner. I think some 9x13 pans of good old Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie... WHAT??!? You've never heard of it? OMG its delish and they clean the pans every time! Its a recipe from a woman I admire very much... Mrs. Paula Deen. Its a HUGE hit around here, so let me share with you...



Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients

2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper, optional
1 1/2 cups instant biscuit mix
1 cup milk
1 stick melted butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer the chicken, eggs, carrots, and peas. Mix the soup, chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour over the layers. Stir together the biscuit mix and milk, and pour this over the casserole. Drizzle butter over the topping. Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.

Well kids... I'm off to organize! 2010 is the year I am no longer a packrat! LOL... I'll see you tomorrow- same blog time- same blog website! LOL! HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment