myspace generator

Saturday, January 30, 2010

THE LAST WEEKEND

Hi there boys and girls! Can you believe its already almost February?! Where DID the month go?? Oh well… so how does this crisp Saturday morning find you? I’m still feeling pretty yucky, but I thank you all for the well wishes! I checked my sugars last night and they were a little higher than normal so I’m not sure what’s going on. I’ll keep watching them closely. I’m sure it doesn’t help the weather keeps going hot-cold-hot-cold etc. It needs to figure out what it wants to do!

Ok so I was looking online for some party decorations for my daughter last night… see she turns Sweet 16 this year! And for once, she would like a big party. No problem I told her. Well she wants black, white, and blue with music notes… just like her room. (She is such a band nerd LMAO! But that’s ok, I think its cool too!) OK I think… no problem right? WRONG! I searched for about 3 hours and I could not find any ideas for things like centerpieces, except those cheaply made, expensive foil ones right? SOOOOO… I got frustrated and got up and cleaned a bit. I cleaned some of my craft area. I thought maybe by cleaning, I would get inspired to do some crafting.



Well I got the diaper cake I was working on done… complete with cake topper/centerpiece.



I think it’s rather cute and the DS18 was so amazed. LOL that’s the first one he’s ever seen me do! He said his teacher is gonna love it and gave me tons of hugs and pecks. Then he told me I do too much… for others and never anything for myself… HUH? I think he’s sneakin’ some crack somewhere LMAO! J/K! But everyone in my family tells me that actually. I don’t see it.



Anyway, I also made 2 NERDS candy fridge magnets and this may be my inner “nerd” coming out, but I think I want to see how many different little tiny boxes of Nerds I can make into magnets LOL! A regular “NERDY” collection if you will LOL! I also fixed a few things I had put on the table to mend. But no music decorations… not yet at least. I’m gonna work on the décor for DD’s room today, so maybe messing with all the music note stuff will give me inspiration! LOL.



OMG I so have to tell you about this infomercial I was watching LMAO! It’s for Time Life music collection called “Flower Power”… ya know 60’s Hippie times with the tye-dye and the peace signs? As sad as it was that I knew every single song they previewed, it gave me an idea! See I love bright cheery colors… and you can’t tell me all the psychedelic pinks and greens aren’t bright! Well all the 60’s décor, to me at least, is bright and cheery. My mom was a self-professed hippie too. Well I like all the 60’s stuff and I got the wild idea to redecorate my living room in 60’s décor… complete with lava lamps and everything! What do you think? I think it will be pretty groovy! LOL… yes I am seriously considering it!

Ok, now the infamous question… what’s for dinner? I have pork chops already thawed in the fridge, as well as one last whole chicken, and tons of veggies… hmmm. Well chops are always a huge success around here… NEVER any leftovers when I make them a certain way. Served with mashed potatoes and peas and a bread of some kind (I normally do croissants and hey I just happen to have a few left that I found on clearance, remember? LOL), this makes for a mouthwatering meal.



Crunchy Honey Pork Chops

Ingredients

Box of Corn Flakes
Eggs
Pork Chops
Honey
Pepper and Garlic powder

Directions

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Crush corn flakes to a fine/semi-course texture. Season the chops with pepper and garlic with just a gentle sprinkle on each side. Dredge in eggs and then in corn flakes. Place chops on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Drizzle honey on top of chop. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Remove, flip chops, and drizzle honey on second side of chop. Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes or until done in the middle.

Its really one of those recipes that has no measurements but comes out great no matter what?! LOL like I said- in our house you eat them when they are ready or there won’t be any later LOL! As for me, today offers cleaning and crafting as I have a very important guest coming soon to look at my home for help with repairs and renovations. Gonna get all of Madison’s room done hopefully and I’m gonna assign everyone some chores for today to help! Stay warm and I will see you tomorrow… HUGS!

1 comment:

  1. Where are you finding the small nerd boxes? I can not find them.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete