myspace generator

Saturday, December 26, 2009

THE AFTERMATH

Well good morning everybody! Or should I say good afternoon? LOL I finally got some much needed rest and let me tell you it felt great! My home looks like the aftermath of a tornado LOL! A mountain of paper, leftover food, sweets as far as the eye can see... WOW! Gonna need some merry maids to help me clean up! But it was an absolutely wonderful night full of family, friends, and fun! I think the funniest thing is when my brother Mark gave my DS18 his gift- a baseball hat wrapped in 5 different boxes LOL! Look... it was hysterical!



OMG I have to tell you about my mom's gnome. LOL you are gonna roll laughing! She found this resin gnome at Hobby Lobby and had to have it (I guess it helped that it was 50% off lol). See, she watches amazing race and every so often the contestants find a gnome (the Travelocity Gnome) and they have to carry it with them to the finish line. Well mom has decided she is gonna take TG (Travelocity Gnome) everywhere she goes and take pictures of her Amazing "walk" (she calls it that cause she can't "race" anymore LMAO!) and email it with a little story blurb to the family each time. OMG she is totally cracking us up as she even has got my Dad to take a couple of pictures with it LOL! But she is having fun (which she doesn't do much anymore- especially since they lost everything during IKE) so that's what counts! At least its a way to get her to take pictures (which she rarely does LOL)! I'm thinking about making little outfits for each holiday for her gnome LOL! Ya know like people dress up those geese in their yards? Yea it would be Gnome clothes LMAO! Well, we got the "Special Holiday Addition" of her Gnome emails this morning and OMG I laughed for a good 20 minutes! It was so hysterical! I love my mom and dad! They're the best!

So how did your holidays go? How well were your homemade gifts received? I would love for you to comment and let me know. Santa was very nice to me this year! I got another 3 crockpot buffet, 2 new waffle makers, a Texas Longhorns Jersey I've been wanting, some camo PJ's and thermal tops, 2 movies (including the new Julie & Julia that my mom and I went to see in the theater), kitchen stuff, and a bunch of other things including a ton of gift cards to places like Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, Walmart, Target, and some other places. (Notice how almost everything is kitchen and craft related? LOL they know me too well!) All these gifts were greatly received, but I honestly was just happy with all my family and friends under the same place having a great time! Everyone loved the homemade gifts we made them. Many shed tears and many were very excited. And the food... OMG everyone was so stuffed when they left here and I have enough leftover to where I think I can get 5 meals together to freeze LOL! Yes I am always thinking about things like that... ALWAYS! I put the leftovers away (will make the meals today) and passed out from a food coma last night LOL! I want to share a recipe with you today for something to do with your turkey leftovers... gotta put a new spin on the same old thing right?

Terrific Turkey Salad

Ingredients

3/4 pound cooked turkey meat
2 stalks celery
2 green onions
1/2 red bell pepper
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

Place cooked turkey meat, celery, green onions and red bell pepper in a blender or food processor. Finely chop using the pulse setting.

Transfer the turkey mixture to a medium bowl. Mix in mayonnaise, prepared Dijon-style mustard, cider vinegar, white sugar and salt. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, before serving.

OK, so I'm debating going out today to fight the crowds in one of the best shopping days ever... BUT I know I should go home and clean... UGH! What to do what to do... LOL! If I give in and go, my family will say I am a shopaholic like they have been all morning LOL! If I don't I could miss some great after Christmas clearance finds! HMMMM what to do, what to do!? LMAO... guess I should start by making up those homemade TV dinners huh? Then I'll go from there. Well, I bid you all a good day and until tomorrow... HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment