myspace generator

Thursday, December 10, 2009

I LOVE FREE STUFF!

Top of the morning to you kiddies! I am so unrested this morning… and you would think I would be refreshed seeing as I have the bed all to myself til Sunday LOL! Not the case… the weather, the pain, the mind running 90 to nuttin… UGH! ADHD and OCD is NOT a good combo LOL! Alex has been waking up VERY early (like 3-4am) and I don’t get to go to bed til at least 11pm or so I am seriously lagging. But the strong shall prevail, so here I am blogging yet again lol.

I want to talk about couponing for a bit and share with you my day yesterday. I had some major finds and some not so good experiences yesterday. Let's start with the bad... get it out of the way! Remember I had those JC Penny coupons? Well I went to redeem them yesterday and it seemed like everything I picked out either wasn't enough or did not qualify. I got so frustrated after 3 tries that I left the store, got in my car, cried, screamed and went home. Bungholes need to be a little considerate when they tell you "no" instead of making you feel like crap! Now on the good side, I took my coupons for other stuff like food, etc. to Kroger and their lovely 10 for $10 sale and the "W" store for some super sales! Look at this haul!



4 ziploc containers (basically like buy 3, get 1 free plus cents off another with my coupons), 3 snuggle (free plus cents off the rest of my order with the coupons), 6 febreze in my fave scent (I stock up every year so I have enough to last til next holiday season! It's "fresh evergreen & snow LOL"), 6 free cans of tomato soup (I use as a base) after coupon, free chili, 7 free cocoa, free pillsbury stuff, etc etc etc... grand total after sales and coupons? $18.37! YAY go me! I even had produce winetags for my onions to make them free! YAY go me! LOL. I was one happy shopper after that!

Ok today's craft... hmmm... how about some homemade lip gloss? Little girls really like it, especially when you make flavors like chocolate and peppermint!

Craft Idea of the Day: Homemade Lip Gloss

CRANBERRY LIP GLOSS
1 tablespoon almond oil
10 fresh cranberries
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon petroleum jelly

Mix together all the ingredients and place them in a microwave or
heat-resistant container. Heat in the microwave or a water bath until the mixture just begins to boil (1-2 minutes in the microwave). Stir well and gently mash the berries. Let sit for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve to remove all pieces of cranberry. Stir and allow to cool completely. When cool, spoon into a clean container.

VANILLA LIP GLOSS
1 T. grated beeswax
1 T. coconut oil
1/8 tsp. vitamin E oil
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
Place the beeswax, coconut oil and vitamin E oil in an ovenproof container. Heat gently until the wax and oils are melted. Stir in the vanilla extract and mix well. Pour the mixture into a clean container and allow to cool completely.

CHOCOLATE LIP GLOSS
Powdered Cocoa Mix
Petroleum Jelly
Small Container
Put desired amount of petroleum jelly into a small glass bowl. Put it in a microwave for 30 seconds; take it out and stir. Continue doing this until the vaseline is melted. Add the desired amount of cocoa powder (experiment!) and stir. Miscrowave for 30 more seconds and stir. Set it aside to cool. Once it is cool enough to handle, spoon it into a small container (recycle old makeup containers or 35mm film containers, or look in stores that carry beads, crafts, or fishing tackle). Set it aside until the petroleum jelly gets firm.

FRUITY LIP GLOSS
2 Tbs. solid shortening
1 Tbs. fruit-flavored powdered drink mix
35mm plastic film container, washed
Mix shortening and drink mix together in a small microwave-safe container until smooth. Place container in microwave on high for 30 seconds, until mixture liquefies. Pour mixture into film container or any other type of air-tight container.
Place mixture in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, or until firm.

Tips
Decorate your lip-gloss container with markers, glitter or adhesive-backed shelf paper. Create a fruity lip-gloss necklace by placing an O-ring around the plastic film container filled with lip-gloss. Then tie a piece of yarn around the O-ring.

Ok so I'm all alone and what do I do... COOK and clean of course! We've got the Christmas parade downtown that the band has to march in, so I'm gonna be stocking up on some quick stuff that will be ready when they get home and stuff to reheat quick when they get home to warm their bones. Homemade pizza rolls, soups, and I am going to make homemade TV dinners of chicken fried steaks and sides during the day.

Homemade Pizza Rolls

Ingredients
4 cups shredded pizza cheese or mozzarella cheese
1 lb sausage, cooked, drained
2 (3 ounce) packages sliced pepperoni, chopped
1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
3/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped black olives
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, very well drained
2 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
32 wonton wraps
oil (for frying)

Directions
1. Combine above ingredients except wrappers (and oil). Place a ¼ cup filling in center of each egg roll. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner w/water and roll up tightly to seal.

2. Fry in 1” of 375º oil for 1-2 minutes til golden brown. Serve with addition pizza sauce for dipping if desired.

Well there ya have it kids... I am off to make a bunch of food, do a bunch of laundry, decorate a bunch of walls, and sing a bunch of songs LOL! Love you all and see ya tomorrow! HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment