myspace generator

Monday, December 28, 2009

POST-CONCERT REPORT

Mornin’ everyone! Excuse the bloodshot eyes you see before you… we didn’t get home last night till about midnight, maybe later? I’m exhausted but we had a great time. I didn't know it gets so hot behind the pyro-technics LOL! The girls' eyes all night were as big as half dollars LOL... they had a great time! Sadly, they did not allow cameras or such inside, so I don't have great pictures to share, but once the girls finally wake up I am gonna get a picture with them with the signed posters they got last night. Yes, we bought them these cool 3D posters and each one of the band members signed it for them. Think the girls were in heaven LOL!



Got an email from one of my fans saying "more pictures" LOL! Well, sadly I am not in most of them cause I am always the one TAKING them... but here are some of the Christmas snapshots to share with those of you who are addicted to my life LMAO!



First is the present load for the kids...


next is the overflowing stockings...


Here's my son Alex (14) with his plush Woody and Buzz Lightyear dolls (they came with little fleece blankets too...


And here is a picture my brother snapped of me and him (I look absolutely wreched! No makeup, not feeling well, and tired as all getout!) Can you believe that is my BABY brother (9 years younger?) Gosh, I feel so old... and small! LOL...


Here is me with the newest 3 crock pot toy I got as a present... I absolutely LOVE these things... if you do ALOT of cooking or entertaining... I recommend one of these for sure... I have multiples!


And here you have me greeting my mother and her gnome (if you don't know about TG... omg go back and read about him LOL!)... and yes, I got those jammies from Santa! They are warm and super comfy... my new favorite pair! LOL...


And here are my kids scared spitless by the gnome! LMAO!


And finally here is a picture someone requested to see me with my husband...

So there ya go... a virtual photo album of some candid shots... now lets get to some yummy foods... I'm firing up the crock pots and making some fantastic dishes I don't have to fuss with!



Cabbage Patch Stew

Ingredients

1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 cup picante sauce
1 cup water
salt to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions

In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain fat.

Combine ranch-style beans, cumin, garlic, cabbage and green pepper in crock pot. Stir in stewed tomatoes, celery, picante sauce, water, and beef mixture. Salt and pepperr to taste.

Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours.



Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

Ingredients

1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
4 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
crushed tortilla chips (optional)

Directions

Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, broth, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, garlic, and cumin, and stir to blend.

Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.

Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled and shredded.

Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours.

Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

And in the 3rd pot will be the awesome pot roast, which I have shared with you previously. So I guess that's all for today kiddos... Now that most of the fun and festivities are over, its time to get back to business and first way to do that is cleaning! Granted I won't take down the tree until after the first (tradition my mom always did- you end the year with Christmas and begin the year with Christmas... because that's the time if year that brings out the best in people!), but all the excess junk everywhere can find a home! NO excuses anymore LOL... so I'm off! See ya tomorrow! HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment