myspace generator

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

CREEPIN' UP ON US!

Morning my peeps... hows it be? LOL... I'm relieved to be finished with my shopping (unless I need something I am cooking with and run out- which always happens LOL!) and I can just relax and stay home and bake! I don't even plan on getting out of my PJ's the next few days! Until I have to go to my Christmas present from my brother that is... can't go to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert in pj's! LOL! Yes, my brother knows I love them and he went last year. He said it was an awesome show and I "HAD" to go, so he wanted to take his 3 favorite girls to see it and that was our Christmas present this year (the tickets are expensive... I should know- I had to rat-race buy them while he was at work LMAO!). So he is taking my daughter Madison, her BFF Katie (like my other daughter) and myself! WOOHOO! Gonna have a blast! Its on the 27th so be ready to hear all about it Monday morning LOL!

Alrighty folks... its the 22nd... and Christmas is just around the corner! Its literally creepin' up on us! Are you ready? Well if not, I got another idea for you for a present!

Craft Idea of the Day: Video CD's

One of the best gifts you can give someone is the gift of love and memories. Do you have some pictures of yourself or that loved one and some music on your computer? Well, if you do, you can make a slideshow set to music and burn it onto a disk or cd and give that for Christmas! The program I use is called PhotoStory3 and its really easy to use. I also used avery's Christmas CD labels and printed a pretty label for the disk. I picked out a specific song for each person and had plenty of photos set to the music. It was awesome! For some reason it brought tears to my eyes for each one I did! Think about it... like I said it makes a great gift!

Okie dokie... I just got home with all the last minute stuff I needed from the store (milk, eggs, etc.) and looking at all that food made me hungry! Sooo.. what to make, what to make, what to make! I think I am gonna do some bacon wrapped steak fingers, mashed potatoes, and asparagus casserole. Yea that sounds good!

To make the bacon wrapped steak fingers, you sinply take one of the thin cut steaks and slice it into strips. Strips should be finger size... about 3-4 inches long each. Season the meat on both sides (for this I use my own version of Emeril's Essence". Around each "Steak finger" wrap 1 slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Fry in a skillet with vegetable or olive oil (I use veggie most of the time) until the bacon is crisp and the meat is cooked. Remove and drain on a paper towel then remove your toothpick. These are my DS18's favorite little "snack" dinner lol! I'll assume you know how to make mashed potatoes, LOL, so let me share the asparagus casserole with you... (courtesy of my favorite lady- Mrs. Paula Deen!)



Asparagus Casserole

Ingredients

1/3 cup butter
3 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (6-ounce) can french-fried onions

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add asparagus, onion, and mushrooms; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add flour; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened. Stir in cheese, sour cream, salt, lemon zest, and pepper.

3. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, and bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Top with onions, and bake for 5 minutes longer.

Absolutely delish! Now I would say I have a sweet tooth, but right now, teeth are a "sore" suject with me LOL! So here is your sweet treat for the day...



Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie

Ingredients

1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shell
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
4 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees F).

2. In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter or margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter or margarine melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.

3. In a large bowl combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and golden. May be served warm or chilled.

Doesn't that sound like a tummy warmer? So how's that recipe book coming? LOL! Told you there would be tons to share! Anyway, I'm off to outbake Mrs. Edwards pie company LOL! I'll meet you here tomorrow for another exciting adventure in crafting and cooking! Til tomorrow... HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment