myspace generator

Sunday, December 27, 2009

PRE-CONCERT MUNCHIES

HI there everybody! How are you doing this chilly morning? Its about 39-40 degrees here but it looks like the sun is coming up. Tonight is the night for my daughter and I to receive our present from my brother... the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert! Trouble is, I'm not feeling real well. I fell asleep at 4pm yesterday and just woke up about an hour ago! For me, that's not good... but at least I succeeded in not going to the store to go shopping with the crazy people! LMAO!

I did manage yesterday to get 6 homemade TV dinners made and the calculated cost of each was about 43 cents... not too shabby huh?

I specifically fixed one the way I like it and marked it as mine, so the little piggies better leave it alone! LOL! I think when they go back to school on the 4th, I'm gonna cook a bunch up... gonna start planning those meals now. I want to do some Chicken Fried Steaks I know, but the rest I'm not sure...

Are you hungry? I know I am and I'm sure as soon as an aroma of food starts traveling through the house, the rest of the people will begin moving around and flocking to the kitchen LOL! Who needs an alarm clock when you have the scent of cinnamon in the air LMAO! OK so this morning I am making egg cups and pumpkin waffles with apple cider syrup... that's sure to get them up and moving!



Egg Cups

The fun thing about these is you can add lots of things you like or just stick to the basic... here is the "basics"

Ingredients

sliced luncheon meat/cold cuts
shredded cheese
eggs
refrigerated shredded hash browns

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin tin lightly with butter flavored non-stick spray.

2. Line each muffin well with the sliced luncheon meat (it should take about 3-4 pieces for complete coverage). Next add about 2 tablespoons of shredded hash browns. Then add 2 oz. of shredded cheese. Finally crack one egg ontop in the cup (or you can crack one egg in a small bowl, scramble it, then pour it on the top).

3. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the egg is cooked and the meat on the sides is crispy. Serve immediately.

I don't remember where I saw this idea, but I tweeked it and made it my own. I've added fresh diced veggies to my husbands, cooked bacon to them, salsa, you name it. That's what makes them so fun! You can add whatever you want really! Now time to try out the new waffle iron with some yummy pumpkin waffles with apple cider syrup!



Pumpkin Waffles with Apple Cider Syrup

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups milk
4 eggs, separated
1/4 cup butter, melted

APPLE CIDER SYRUP
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup apple cider
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter

Directions

Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.

Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, milk, and egg yolks. Whip the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form.

Stir the flour mixture and 1/4 cup melted butter to the pumpkin mixture, stirring just to combine. Use a whisk or rubber spatula to fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter, stirring gently until incorporated. Fold in the remaining egg whites. Cook waffles according to manufacturer's instructions.

To make the syrup, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Stir in the apple cider and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil; boil until the syrup thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the 2 tablespoons of butter until melted. Serve warm.

Now that you can hear your stomach screaming at you to go eat LOL... I'm gonna go start my breakfast buffet for everyone. Keep your fingers crossed that I get to feeling better so that I can go to the concert tonight with my brother and the girls. If I can't I know it would break his heart! If you go out today, be careful! Some people have to deal with crazy traffic, some with crazy weather, and some with BOTH! So be safe and I'll see you tomorrow! HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment