myspace generator

Monday, December 7, 2009

MONDAY MORNING MUNCHIES!

Well top of the morning to you lads and lassies (not dogs LOL)! I woke up in a rather chipper mood for some odd reason! And hungry... omg I could eat everything in the house! So here I sit munchin on some homemade pizza rolls and talking to you. Cool, wouldn't you agree LOL! I know, I know... you're thinking "who in their right mind eats pizza rolls at 7:30am!" ME that's who LOL and you can thank my father for it lol! He was a shiftworker and would always eat his meals in a wierd schedule. Yes I like chicken fried steak and gravy for breakfast too... and pizza, and all kinds of other oddities. Thanks dad!! LOL...

Got a question... have you ever had a moment of sheer absurdity (is that even a word? LOL) that would never normally enter your brain at any other time? I did this weekend... sitting outside bored out of my skull. I got a case of the "Nosey Neighbor Syndrome"! I really don't care about the neighbors and I really don't care what they think of me, but sitting out there all day yesterday and Saturday... well I got to wondering things I should not have been wondering LMBO! I told my hub and kids what I was thinking and they were like "OMG MOM!" LMBO! I couldn't help myself. I literally fell out of the chair I was sitting in and the hub came outside cause he could hear me laughing to myself all the way in the house! Not gonna go into alot of detail, cause one of my neighbors is a great person... but I was questioning their sexuality, why they never have garbage pickup, and a ton of other things I normally don't care about! It was wierd!

OK ok, moving on LOL... do you know that you people are invading my dreams now? LOL I actually dreamt about blogging last night! THAT was insane. Maybe I am losing my mind or something LOL... Let's talk crafts... today we are gonna talk about wearable art. You can't go wrong with a Tshirt... unless of course they don't WEAR Tshirts! A little bit of fabric paint and a Tshirt from the Hobby Store can make a wonderful gift!

Craft Idea of the Day: Painted Tshirts

The possibilities are endless on what you can put on a shirt. Here is one we made for my father last year...

We printed off pictures onto some iron-on transfer paper, ironed on some letters, and then dipped the kids hands in paint and "stamped" the shirt. It brought tears to his eyes as he was a "proud gran'pa". The shirt doesn't have to be elaborate either... you can print off some graphics and trace them onto the shirt with paint like I did for this shirt.

The gator head was the logo off their band shirts and the letters were just crazy ones I found in Microsoft Word program. I used blue paint (the school color) and then sprinkles blue glitter into it. Simple as that! You should see my Autism one... I love that shirt! Here look...

Every different color in the ribbon has the glitter too! That was a little tricky but it worked. (Yes people, I am a glitter freak LOL!) With a little imagination, you can make a shirt for just about anyone you know!

Man, I'm still hungry! All out of pizza rolls, so I have to find something else to devour! Geez, hope I can stop soon or I'm gonna be miserable! Speaking of food... let's get to recipes! I am thinking tonight should be something fairly easy seeing as there is a basketball game to be at tonight. I'm gonna make chicken flautas with rice and beans. Pretty easy, I think... check out these flautas...

Don't they look absolutely YUMMY!? Here's what ya do (really simple really...) You can either make or buy pre-made tortillas (you can use corn or flour, whichever you like more... we use corn).

Chicken Flautas

Ingredients

6 cups Cooked chicken, shredded or diced
1 jar of salsa
1 can whole kernal corn, drained (optional)
20 tortillas

Directions

1. If your chicken needs to be cooked, (lol) then in a skillet cook chicken thoroughly. Add salsa and corn to skillet and heat through.

2. Roll chicken mixture into tortilla and hold closed with a toothpick.

3. You can either deep fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown or bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.

That's it... you can eat them dipping in more salsa or sour cream. Pair these with refried beans and spanish rice and you have an easy and tasty dinner! Well, I'm off to help the hubby wash clothes and pack and get ready for his trip. He is going to his hometown of Fort Worth, Tx to visit his family. Then I've got to get the Christmas stuff up before my baby comes home today from school. So you have a wonderful day and I will talk to you tomorrow! HUGS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment