myspace generator

Saturday, December 19, 2009

MERRY COOKIE DAY

Well good morning my friends! How are you doing this brisk Saturday morning? Me, I’m just peachy actually! Had a couple of pleasant surprises yesterday, got my BFF’s lap blankie done (go to Wednesday’s post… I put up the pic!), and my cookie exchange party is tonight! YAY! The Coke/Nike order I made arrived yesterday, as did a Christmas Card from none other than my DS18’s biological mother. Inside was a gift card to the “W” store and a note saying thank you for loving and caring for Michael. I was like WTF? Are you serious? After all this time? It was crazy… so since its from his mother, I am going to give it to him.

Okie Dokie… what can we make today? Let’s see… how about some juice pouch purses/tote bags? They are pretty easy to make and they are a unique gift (or bag to hold a gift)!

Craft Idea of the Day: Juice Pouch purses/tote bags

There are many different shapes your bag could take. Here are just a couple examples of purse you can make. You first need to wash and dry the pouches thoroughly so they don’t mold. Then you sew the sides overlaping like ¼ in. together. The size is up to you… you can put 3 or 4 together side by side and a couple of rows. You can add fur around the top, etc. There are tons of websites that give you instructions but here is one I recommend- Click here





Okie dokie... seeing as I just woke up, I'm a bit hungry, wouldn't you agree? Since tonight is the party and I'll be still baking today, I think we are going to eat some of the meals I made in the freezer. So I think I am going to share a new recipe with you... BREAKFAST! YAY!! Lol... I subscribe to a newsletter from the site $5 dinners and one time they had a pancake recipe that I just had to try and... BINGO! Instant success in my house. So here is your morning yummies- courtesy of $5 dinners newsletter!



Almond Vanilla French Toast

Ingredients
4 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/3 cup ground almonds
12 slices bread

Directions
1. In mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and ground almonds.

2. Dip bread into mixture.

Note: Be sure to stir up the mixture before dipping each bread, as the almonds will sink between dippings! Stir it up so that each slice will have a nice almond-y flavor!!!

3. Place double dipped bread slices onto griddle. Cook until golden brown

I told you it was yummy! Now a bonus... one of the beverages I will be serving tonight at the Cookie party. Its a warm drink and its delish! If you simmer this on the stove all day the aroma that will fill your house is amazing! And its just as good as cocoa and coffee at warming you inside too!



Christmas Wassail

Ingredients

2 quarts apple cider
2 cups orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
12 whole cloves
4 cinnamon sticks
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch ground nutmeg
Slices of orange, lemon, or roasted apple (optional)

Directions

In a slow-cooker or a large pot over low heat, combine apple cider, orange juice and lemon juice. Season with cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer. If using a slow cooker, allow to simmer all day. Serve hot.

NOW the part I know you've been waiting for... drumroll please? LOL your sweet treat for today...



Butterscotch Blondies

Ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs, divided
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and 1 egg at medium speed until crumbly.

2. Press evenly into greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with pecans and butterscotch chips.

3. In small bowl, beat sweetened condensed milk, remaining 2 eggs and vanilla. Pour evenly over chips.

4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until center is set. Cool thoroughly. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.

These are very rich, so I recommend a large glass of milk to wash them down! LOL... As for me kids, I'm off to the kitchen! Yes, you are probably wondering if I live in there LOL and the answer would be YES! BUT... I love cooking... I mean absolutely live for it so I don't mind. I once wanted to go to culinary school, but time, work, family, and alot of other things changed those plans... but I don't mind! Family is the greatest thing to me and I love that I can be there for them whenever someone needs me! Well, see ya tomorrow with an post-party review LOL! HUGS!

1 comment:

  1. What a treat to get up and read you blog every morning . Thank You for sharing.

    ReplyDelete